ALTERNATIVES IF YOU LOSE YOUR TPS - TEMPORARY PROTECTED STATUS
- If while on TPS status, you traveled outside of the U.S. with advance parole and obtained legal entry as a result of this trip and you are married to U.S. citizen or have adult (over 21 ) U.S. citizen children , its time to apply for adjustment of status to obtain your greencard. Do not delay until TPS is revoked in 2019 and you are placed in deportation proceedings with the immigration court – come to our office and apply for greencard!.
- If you don’t have a legal entry to the U.S. , but are married to U.S. citizen or have adult (over 21) U.s. citizen children , we can apply for advance parole for you to travel immediately to obtain legal entry so that you can travel before the expiration of TPS program and use option 1 above.
- If you have a prior deportation or do not wish to travel for any other reason , we can apply for a waiver (el perdon) for you based on extreme and unusual hardship to your spouse or parents upon approval of family petition and proceed with consular processing if the waiver gets approved.
- If you are not married to U.S. citizen and do not have adult U.s. citizen children , let us know if you have ever been a victim of violent crime such as domestic violence, assault, rape or robbery . If you ve been a victim of violent crime in the U.S. we can apply for a U VISA for you ! U VISA approval provides you with the rights of a permanent resident of the U.S. and in three years after approval you will be eligible for greencard.
- If you have not been a victim of crime but have immediate relatives in the U.S. Army we can apply for PAROLE IN PLACE which is a special benefit for immediate relatives of the members of the U.S. army and leads to permanent residency in the U.S.
- If you don’t qualify for any of the above benefits but you have U.S. citizen or greencard holder minor children, or parents or spouse and you received immigration court hearing notice due to repeal of your TPS status, you are eligible to apply for cancellation of removal for a non permanent resident.
- If you don’t have any immediate U.S. citizen or greencard holder relatives to petition you and do not qualify for any other immigration benefits, you can apply for asylum based on fear of return to your country.
FOR MORE DETAILS TO DISCUSS YOUR OPTIONS AFTER TERMINATION OF TPS STATUS PLEASE CALL (213)534-1827OUR OFFICE TO COME IN FOR FREE CONSULTATIO